In communication, a code word is an element of a standardized code or protocol. Each code word is assembled in accordance with the specific rules of the code and assigned a unique meaning. Code words are typically used for reasons of reliability, clarity, brevity, or secrecy.
- Coded set
- Commercial code (communications)
- Compartmentalization (information security)
- Duress code
- Error correction and detection
- Marine VHF radio
- Spelling alphabet
- This article incorporates public domain material from the General Services Administration document: "Federal Standard 1037C". (in support of MIL-STD-188)
- This article incorporates public domain material from the United States Department of Defense document: "Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms".
- UNHCR Procedure for Radio Communication